I´ve been quite busy lately gearing up my fury warrior. great fun overall, apart from the pug situation on the server. I don’t know if its like that everywhere but here on this one you happen to end up with some… hmm how could I say… not the best groups (not always but quite a lot of times).
you can find all sorts of players, here is a little list of what I encountered:
- The great geared ones who really don’t care if the tank gets aggro or not, they just pile in start dpsing like crazy, next thing you see is BAM BAM BAM death. The only thing you can see in party chat is “HEALER!!! omg”. thats where i think come on give the tank a sec to pick them up and you wont die, just because of your gear you’re not indestructible.
- The needy ones. if its plate cloth or leather, with attack power or spellpower they don’t care they just need on everything. you could think oh well it might be for offspec but no, ive seen deathknights dpsing in spellpower plate or cloth. rogues using crafted 264 spellpower leather. i can see the thoughts behind that tough maybe poisons do more damage who knows….
- The i know everything better ones. if you’re in a raid or heroic there is always one who knows it better isn’t there? someone is explaining tactics and everything you see on party chat is :”no no no no, it works in a different way, you’re all wrong…” it might help for a few bosses but come on there is no need for an essay before every boss trying to convince the group how little they know and how wrong they are.
- The go goers. healers manaing up tanks waiting for cooldowns or someone being brb happens in dungeons and raids, but you always end up with someone continuously shouting :” go go go go go go go”. come on give people a break it wont speed it up if you constantly mash your 2 buttons G and O.
- The impressed ones. getting a whisper from someone telling you that your gear looks good is great, but to be honest it kinda gets annoying when they start linking you in whispers your own gear and then saying:”oh that’s a shiny piece of gear very nice” after the 10th link it kinda gets annoying but even worse is if you do reply to them whispers, you can start explaining where to get each single piece and why you choose it over a different one. all that during a boss fight where you’re trying to stick with your rotation, stay out of fires and watch your aggro. come on im not a woman, its biological impossible for me to multitask.
- The story tellers. did it ever happen to you that you got into a dungeon or raid and you had someone in the group who was remembering the “good old days”?. it happened to me once and that was more than enough, this guy was telling everyone in the group how many times he did that dungeon with wich groups, on wich bosses they wiped etc. and let me tell you this its impossible to shut them up, whatever you do they keep going and going.
if you have some more to add to the list feel free to leave a comment so we can extend the list of different players
have a good one and good luck